Saturday, March 26, 2005

Terri Bleeding From Eyes and Mouth

Discussion thread at Free Republic (over 6,000 views at this writing.)

I'd like to thank Curt at North Western Winds for posting the latest cartoon, as well as Tim at C-Pol.

I emailed a hello to John at Blogotional yesterday and he responded by posting one of my favorite toons. Thanks, John!

I've just noticed that Mark at MarkNicodemo has also posted the Schiavo toon. Holy smokes! I should be embarrassed but I'm appreciative that as many people as possible are seeing the image. Those who've followed faithmouse for the past six years know that as a habit I'll borrow from the headlines to make some sort of reference to Christ. The fact that the few people I've contacted directly have responded so positively to the cartoon has been humbling and encouraging.

Mark Nicodemo also posted a few words about the same Thomas Sowell article I referenced a few days ago (great minds think alike) but the exerpt Mark featured on his own blog is much better than mine and deserves repeating.

'Terri Schiavo is being killed because she is inconvenient to her husband and because she is inconvenient to those who do not want the idea of the sanctity of life to be strengthened and become an impediment to abortion. Nor do they want the supremacy of judges to be challenged, when judges are the liberals' last refuge.'

During the past year the disabled and traditional abortion opponents have joined forces with the same impedus that brought blacks and jews together during the Civil Rights movement. In two sentences Sowell explains the why and what, and who we're fighting against.

No comments:

Post a Comment