Saturday, May 21, 2005

Welcome, H.H. Patriarch Mar Anthony


I'd like to welcome to our affiliate list H. H. Patriarch Mar Anthony of the Catholic Coptic Church, who has placed the faithmouse cartoon on his personal blog. I've learned that the Patriarch is actually a long time fan of the cartoon, which is quite an honor.

I've working on two (three?) new cartoons. One is about the Martyrdom of St. Polycarp, first bishop of Smyrna (one of my favorite early church fathers) the second is a new Gaybear cartoon. The third has something to do with Howard Dean and donkeys. I've also been banging my head against the wall trying to create a better RSS feed for the cartoon, at the request of Ann of the catacombers site, and also a new subscribable newsletter featuring the best cartoons of the month. As I'm a self-taught computer hack, progress is darn slow on these projects and steals time away from actually drawing cartoons. These are the things you need to do when you're a media empire of one.

I'd also like to thank fellow Minnesotan Wayne Moran of Questions and Answers who provided gentlemanly answers to a few of my possibly impertinent questions.



Lance Cpl. Forsythe USMC of Listening to 11.975 MHz recently had these kind words to extend to the cartoon-

Dan Lacey over at Faithmouse gave me a nice plug last week. ..like a lot of military chaplains, I happen to enjoy reading Dan's comic. If you read through his archives, you'll find that not only does Faithmouse contain a clean, tolerant, and non-violent message, there's a few instances of abstract creativity that pretty much defy what a standard comic should be. If you've been reading 11.975MHz since its inception a few years ago, you'll know that I love that kind of stuff.
I've said this before, but the negative reactions Faithmouse receives are both staggering and hilarious. How can anyone possibly get so upset over such a harmless, happy cartoon?

Well, I sure get upset over it, Ethan, because I can rarely get it to do what I want. It frustrates the heck out of me more than anyone else, and I know what my real name is.

No comments:

Post a Comment