Thursday, August 02, 2007

Minneapolis Bridge Collapse / Love Power

Minneapolis Minnesota 1-35W bridge collapses into the Minnesota River

Click cartoon above to view larger image. Largest.

Love Power Music and Miracle Ministries - West Bank, Minneapolis


Posted the following yesterday to this Phatmass Bridge Collapse In Mpls, please pray thread-

I actually logged on to Phatmass to post some of my recent faithmouse cartoons, and the first thing I saw was the headline about the bridge collapse. I told my wife, and then we turned on the television.

My wife has a sister who's family went camping north for the week, and my wife had debated earlier in the day whether or not to check on her sister's house today. If she had done so, she would have driven over that same bridge on the way back home, within a few hours window of the collapse.

We've both driven that stretch hundreds if not thousands of times. It's going to be really tough for years to get around Minneapolis and the rest of the twin cites after the loss of that main artery.

I don't know if you've seen this on television, but there's an apartment tower directly to the east of where the school bus stopped, not more than a few hundred yards away. Father John Zuhlsdorf lived there with his mother when he attended the U of M. My wife lived in a dorm not far away when she was a student at the university as well.

Very close by and overlooking the freeway is the Love Power mural-


Love Power Music and Miracle Ministries, west bank, Minneapolis Minnesota

No comments:

Post a Comment