Friday, July 29, 2005

Toon 7/29/05 so far.


Judge John Roberts toon still in progress. The last panel demands a rework, and the whole thing needs color. If you compare this cartoon to the earlier version posted below you can see that Faith lost the toon to Professor Ferret. She just wasn't fast enough on the draw with a punchline.
Stacy Harp has a new blog at Writing Right, for which I'm designing a Neverborn logo. Here's a preview.

I'd like to thank Mark Nicodemo for the recent kind words of support. Thanks to Dog Gal for posting the most recent Neverborn toon on the Twin Cities Forum at Pioneer Press.

Here's a email forwarded to me from Derek in response to an article about faithmouse on an anti-Christian site, which I believe revealed much more about the writer's attitude towards religion than the content of my cartoon-

Mr. Coyle,
You certainly have a great talent in your ability to write. I am thankful that we live in a country that allows people such as yourself to express your opinions.


That said, I am concerned about the anger in your writing. Anger is a very powerful enemy that can easily destroy the most intelligent amongst us. If there is anything that should have been learned from the last election in November was that the American people are tired of all of the “Hate Messages”. The leaders of the Democrats are quick to point out problems but offer few solutions. They obviously feel they are losing their influence on the average American and will grasp at anything to try and gain it back. Scare tactics and hate are not issues that the American people want to hear. It is not always butterflies and rainbows. However, we need to be a happy medium between that and stepping in horse apples as you walk through the field of life. If there are better plans most will listen. You seem to be a reasonable person who can understand this.

As far as your attack on Christianity I feel I should also address this. Once again, taking into
consideration that we live in a country where people can worship as they see fit. I must point out that the majority in America are still Christian. Now I will admit that there are so called “religious” leaders out there who take advantage of people in the name of Jesus. This fact saddens me as I feel it has done more to drive people away from the truth. You and I both
realize that there can only be one truth. My personal growth as a Christian is based on the desire to be as much like Jesus as I can be. I realized many years ago that I, just as everyone else, am here on this earth to serve God, and to let him use the talents He gave me to fulfill His plan. His existence cannot be denied. All three of the major monotheistic religions in the world recognize that he was probably the greatest man that ever lived. Of course the separation comes that Christians accepting him as the Son of God sent redeem us of our sins and to bring us back to the Father.

What part of “Love thy neighbor as you love yourself” did you not understand in your anger and hate?

It is possible that in the hectic schedule of world today, people have just forgotten that point.

I will let you go about your life now. I will be praying for you and I hope that you find peace with
the rest of your days. May God’s grace and blessings shine on you and your family.

Peace,
Derek
"For He so loved the world..." (John 3:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment