Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Faithmouse ACEO 'Praising God With A Potted Plant' cartoon

Faithmouse original ACEO painting, praising God with a potted plant

Click above to view larger ACEO image.
ACEO stands for Art Cards, Editions and Originals. Measuring only 2.5 x 3.5 inches, ACEO's are an excellent way for collectors to accumulate a private portfolio of original art at affordable prices.
Above is my very first ACEO Faithmouse cartoon which I'm currently offering on Ebay. The painting is based on a line cartoon I drew about a year ago. This is also my very first painting using gouache, which is sort of a very opaque watercolor. Creating a full color image the size of a Pokemon card was a challenge and took longer than it probably should have, but I'm not too unhappy with the results.
Most of these cards seem to sell for anywhere between 5 to 50 dollars, depending upon factors such as subject matter, attractiveness and detail. This particular card will be available for bidding for the next 7 days. An entertaining experiment, I hope.
Happy bidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment