Monday, May 02, 2005

Toon 5/2/05


This cartoon is a revision of a toon presented last November, which acknowledged the case of teacher Stephen Williams of the Cupertino School District in California who has been barred from using various historical documents in the classroom due to their religious references. These documents include the Declaration of Independence, George Washington's Journal, etc. Renew America, which has been kind enough to post a few of my recent cartoons, recently highlighted the World News Daily story about Mr. Williams' case progressing forward in the courts. Sufficient reason I thought to rework a cartoon with which I was never quite satisfied.
So, is this a better cartoon? Maybe not, but it did give me the opportunity to replace the bird in the bush in the original toon with this little guy.


I've tried to match faith with a companion creature for a number of years (B-fly and Flower Man were much earlier attempts) but this fellow seems to have some real spunk to contribute. I'll keep them paired up for a while and we'll see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment