Sunday, July 30, 2006

An Older Mel Gibson Cartoon, Updated

Mel Gibson cartoon

Click to view larger image.

Mel Gibson Was 'Really On The Verge Of Suicide' Before His DUI Arrest -Deadline Hollywood Daily

An older Mel Gibson cartoon from March of 2004, drawn long before his recent drunk driving arrest and now notorious anti-semitic statements. I've updated the first panel with a more current version of Faith. In the second panel you can see what Faith looked like before the addition of her oversized hair bow and with her much heavier prehensile tail.

After reading about Mr. Gibson's arrest, I remembered that I had Mel calling Faith 'cat-sugar' in this cartoon, which I thought was curious considering that Mel referred to a Los Angeles Police woman as 'sugar xxx's' during his arrest.

Not in anyway to excuse Mel Gibson's behavior, but as a person who grew up in an alcoholic household I fully comprehend the twisted harm that alcohol (in this case, tequila) can do to a person's soul. I have to wonder if The Christ of Mel Gibson's very intense and intimate The Passion Of The Christ was in part inspired by the director's private battle with his own inner demons.

Like to draw a new Mel Gibson toon but I'm not exactly sure what it should be, which must be comparable to Mel's fans no longer knowing what to think of their hero. Perhaps updating and posting this older toon will give me an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment