Sunday, April 08, 2012

Madgalena's Michael Jackson Eyes Painting, Revised

faith

Magdalena's Michael Jackson Tear portrait painting, revised.  I finished this painting a few days ago, but then decided to put a few more hours into the canvas before mailing it off to Gdańsk.  I painted a series of much smaller MJ's a few years ago; this is my first full color portrait emulating the style of those smaller works. The painting is in acrylic, utilizes a good amount of copper and bronze metallics, and is sealed with a clear acrylic matte spray, the latter of which evens out the sheen but you can still appreciate the metallic.  The 2 by 3 foot canvas is a wrap-around and I paint the edge black, so it displays well without a frame.  Currently I'm asking 200 for one of these plus mailing (at cost) which is between 30 and 50 depending on how far you are from the State of Minnesota in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment